Thanks to Tom Schwartz, director of the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum for joining us this morning on KXIC.
The 'America's First Ladies' exhibit opens this Saturday and features objects from the women who have served in this role.
Items on display include:
- Clothing from: Hillary Clinton, Jackie Kennedy, Betty Ford, Mamie Eisenhower, Lady Bird Johnson, Edith Wilson, Rosalyn Carter, Bess Truman, Barbara Bush, Laura Bush, Michelle Obama, and 14 reproduction dresses from the Eisenhower museum.
- 1929 Touring Cadillac, believed to have belonged to Lou Henry Hoover
- Martha Washington Ring, mourning jewelry on loan from George Washington's Mount Vernon, Mt. Vernon, VA
- Bullet molds, Abigail Adams on loan from Adams National Historic Site
- Opera glasses and fan, Mary Todd Lincoln, Indiana State Museum & Historical Site, Indianapolis, IN
For more information click here: http://www.hoover.archives.gov/programs/